- The Manuscript to be submitted in general maybe organized in the following order: a) Title Page, b) Abstract, c) Text (Introduction, Materials and Methods, Conclusions and Recommendations), d) End Notes, e) Acknowledgment (if there is any financial support or assistance) and f) Reference List. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published or submitted elsewhere. Two clear printed copies or e-copy containing the manuscript should be sent to:
The WVSU Research Journal
West Visayas State University
La Paz, Iloilo ity 5000 Philippines
Authors may also submit papers electronically through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The title page of the paper should contain: a) Full title of the paper, Full name/s of the author/s, b) Names and address/es of institutions where the work was done, c) Name, address (include e-mail address), telephone /fax numbers of the author to whom all correspondence and proofs should be sent d) A running head of not more than 50 characters including spaces and punctuations.
3 Abstract should not be more than 200 words. Keywords must also be provided and not more than eight words in alphabetical order.
- Spelling should conform to the Webster International Dictionary.
- Units of measurement, symbols and abbreviations must be written in metric units.
- Drawing, graphs, tables and illustrations should be presented as follows: a) Computer- generated or conforming to specific printing standards, b) Line diagrams can be computer-generated, and c) Unpublished reports, ongoing researches, manuscripts in progress should not be cited.
- Format of the Manuscript. A paper must not exceed 30 pages (double-spaced with no additional spaces between paragraphs) on one side of the A4 bond paper (8.69” x 11.69”) including illustrations, notes and references. Lettering in serif typeface and 12-point font is preferable. All pages should be numbered in Arabic numerals. Tables, diagrams, etc. should use the WVSU Journal template, be properly numbered, labeled and included in the numbering of the pages of the text.
- The American Psychological Association (APA), latest edition, style of notation and reference listing, will be used for all articles.
- Only works cited in the paper should be listed as references and arranged in alphabetical order. Authors are urged to check references with special care that all references in the text appear at the end of the paper and vice versa, and that the names and dates are consistent as no editorial responsibility can be taken for their accuracy.
- Acceptance and rejection of the manuscripts. Submitted manuscripts shall undergo a double blind review process. The WVSU Journal of Research Editorial Board and designated reviewers will formally scrutinize each and every submission for relevance, accuracy and proof of thought. Three peer reviewers will also read each manuscript and at least two of them shall recommend the paper for publication. Reviewers’ comments will be sent to you for your response and any changes you want to make. Once the editors have the amended copy or changes and the manuscript will be prepared for publication. The revised paper should be submitted in softcopy to facilitate publication.
- Authors will be asked to sign a Copyright Transfer form when the manuscript is accepted for publication. No article will be published without the author’s prior written consent.
- The WVSU Research Journal Editorial Board reserves the right to accept or reject all articles. The decision of the Editorial Board is Final.